Company confident there is more to come
Anglo Australian Resources NL (ASX: AAR) has significantly expanded the gold mineralised footprint of Mandilla Gold Project, south of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. through recent RC and diamond drilling.
Managing Director, Marc Ducler, said the ;atest drilling results have more than doubled the potential scale of mineralisation at Mandilla.
At Mandilla East the strike now extends to over 300m to the south with best new results including:
- 26m @ 8.29g/t Au from 76m
- 21m @ 3.7g/t Au from 35m; and
- 17m @ 3.71g/t Au from 59m; plus 19m @ 0.55g/t Au from 83m
Mandilla East strike also extends over 250m to the north with best new results including
- 9m @ 5.89g/t Au from 76m;
- 38m @ 1.34g/t Au from 38m; and
- 14m @ 2.19g/t Au from 34m
Drilling at Mandilla South (1km from Mandilla East) has returned best results of:
- 27m @ 1.79g/t Au from 168m and 10m @ 1.76g/t Au from 123m; and
- 16m @ 1.65g/t Au from 188m plus 31m @ 0.53g/t Au from 131m.
Results from in-fill diamond drilling include:
- 7.95m @ 8.31g/t Au from 163.1m plus 18.25m @ 0.76g/t Au from 189.55m and 24.1m @ 2.11g/t Au from 216.35m;
- 26.6m @ 1.49g/t Au from 182.5m;
This is the most significant drill program undertaken at the Mandilla Gold Project targeting mineralisation within the Mandilla Syenite,” Mr Ducler said.
“With over 9,000m of drilling already completed and another 13,000m to come, the mineralised footprint of the discovery from only three months ago1 has already more than doubled in size and remains open to the north and south.
“The strong results support our view that there is a significant low strip ratio open pit opportunity.
“The recently completed DroneMag survey is also providing excitement with a number of anomalies yet to be followed up.”
Follow-up drilling is planned to test targets highlighted in the DroneMag and to in-fill the new north and south extensions to further extend the mineralisation at the Mandilla Gold Project.
Additionally, the Mandilla South target appears to be of similar scale to that of Mandilla East with only limited RC drilling to date. Follow- up diamond and step-out RC drilling is planned at Mandilla South. This drilling will also investigate the potential for a mineralised corridor between Mandilla East and Mandilla South.