Western Australian lithium mine developer Tawana Resources NL (TAW:ASX) reports that it is on target to achieve production in early 2018.
Tawana, which is a JV with Alliance Mineral Assets Limited (AMAL), is developing the Bald Hill Mine in the Eastern Goldfields region, where lithium concentrate production is on track to commence in Q1 2018
In a project update, Tawana ’s Managing Director Mark Calderwood said a number of activities are currently underway.
“Structural steel work is now well advanced and placement of mechanical equipment and electrical cabling has commenced We have selected mining, crushing, power and fuel contractors, and the mining contractor has mobilised to site.
“The project is coming to life, with significant increases in manning levels, and we remain committed and focused on delivering lithium concentrate from Bald Hill during the first quarter of 2018,” Mr Calderwood said.
Subscribe to The PickGet your Free Copy of THE PICK - Australia's Premier Resources Sector Investment Magazine - direct to your inbox...
He also reported that the Engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract for Lithium Dense Media Separation (DMS) circuit progressing on schedule. This includes:
- Engineering design is 88% complete.
- Concrete works are 99% complete.
- Buried services (electrical/piping) progressing with conduits & pits being positioned/installed and HDPE piping installation commenced.
- Steelwork erection is well advanced with majority of hoppers, tanks and chutes installed.
- Procurement of major equipment is complete, with deliveries occurring progressively to support the sequence of construction.
- Preferred crushing contractor selected, with mobilisation expected in early December.
- Fuel and Power contracts awarded.
- Non – Processing Infrastructure engineering well-advanced and procurement commenced.