Galileo Mining Ltd (ASX: GAL) has identified a number of new targets at the Lantern Prospect in the high-profile Fraser Range area of Western Australia.
The identification of new exploration potential at Lantern follows an updated interpretation of detailed airborne magnetic data surrounding the Prospect which has shown multiple untested targets prospective for Nova style nickel-copper deposits.
Managing Director Brad Underwood said the promising interpretation is supported by aircore drilling undertaken earlier this year which showed prospective intrusions at the Lantern and Delta Blues Prospects.
The positive results have led the company to decide to focus its activities in the first half of 2020 on the drilling of Fraser Range prospects in the search for high value new discoveries.
Meanwhile, at the Norseman Project recent drilling has also identified anomalous copper and zinc mineralisation over 800 metres of strike length at two prospect locations with new targets being developed for additional work in the future.
The Fraser Range is an exciting new mineral province with two known nickel-copper discoveries at Nova and Silver Knight. Galileo has early stage prospects at Lantern and Delta Blues where we have completed just two aircore drilling programmes,” Mr Underwood said.
“From this initial drilling we successfully defined prospective rocks under cover giving us a high level of confidence in the updated interpretation which has yielded more targets for drill testing.
“We intend on making the Fraser Range a priority work area for the first half of 2020 as we seek to make discoveries in this highly prospective region of Western Australia.”
Galileo plans to target its Fraser Range exploration portfolio with the following work programmes:
- RC drilling at the Lantern Prospect
- Down hole electro-magnetic surveying at the Lantern Prospect followed by diamond drilling
- Aircore drilling at the Delta Blues Prospect to delineate the near surface boundaries of the prospective intrusive rock units
- Aircore drilling of newly developed target zones north of the Lantern Prospect
- Results of aircore drilling will be used in the design of electro-magnetic (EM) geophysical surveys to target conductive responses that may be related to nickel-copper mineralisation