Meeka Gold Limited (ASX:MEK) has intersected a broad zone of gold mineralisation intersected at Turnberry South in its Phase 2 drill programme at the company’s Murchison Gold Project in Western Australia.
The latest drilling targeted a high-grade zone of mineralisation at Turnberry South, which forms part of the 1.5km striking Turnberry deposit. This mineralisation sits directly below the planned open pit outlined in the company’s 2021 Murchison Gold Project Scoping Study which proposed an initial 443,000 ounce production plan.
CEO Tim Davidson said importantly, these drill results continue to support the company’s view that there is strong potential for continued growth in the resource at Turnberry.
Assay results for a number of Turnberry South holes remain outstanding and will be reported as they are received. Additionally, the RC pre-collars for two deep diamond drill holes have been completed at Turnberry South, with the diamond tails planned to be drilled in early 2022.
We have strong conviction that the Fairway trend, which extends over 5km from Turnberry to St Anne’s, is a large mineralised system that has yet to reveal its true endowment,” Mr Davidson said.
“Our team has started to demonstrate this, and pleasingly these latest results support this view, confirming thick, high-grade mineralisation at depth below the planned open pit at Turnberry South.
“With drilling ongoing during 2022 and a significant number of samples at the laboratory awaiting assay, we look forward to updating our shareholders with the results of this work over the coming months.”
The latest results from Turnberry South, include:
- 13m @ 2.18g/t Au from 219m including 4m @ 3.87g/t Au (21TBRC007) (sample ends in mineralisation – waiting on assays for final 28m of hole)
- 8m @ 2.93g/t Au from 150m including 4m @ 5.54g/t Au (21TBRC002)
- 10m @ 2.04g/t Au from 188m including 6m @ 3.02g/t Au (21TBRC003)
- 12m @ 1.56g/t Au from 156m including 4m @ 3.87g/t Au (21TBRC008)
- 6m @ 1.73g/t Au from 206m including 2m @ 4.03g/t Au (21TBRC004)
- 4m @ 1.04g/t Au from 128m (21TBRC003)
- 4m @ 1.02g/t Au from 174m (21TBRC002)
- 2m @ 2.95g/t Au from 144m (21TBRC008)
Approximately 10,000m of RC and Diamond drilling was completed up to the end of December.