New World Resources’ (ASX:NWC) latest results at theAntler Copper Project in Arizona continue to demonstrate vertical and lateral continuity of mineralisation with deep drilling also underway below current limits of the Main and South Shoots.
Drilling results continue to enhance confidence in both the vertical and lateral continuity of the mineralisation at the Antler Deposit, which is consistently high-grade, while thicker zones of mineralisation continue to be intersected in deeper holes.
Construction of a new drill pad has now been completed to facilitate deeper drilling below both the “Main” and “South” Shoots, which remain completely open at depth.
Managing Director, Mike Haynes, said two rigs continue drilling at the Antler Project.
The more we drill, the more our confidence improves that we can bring the very high-grade Antler Copper Deposit into production in a timely manner to capitalise on the strong outlook for copper over the coming years,” Mr Haynes said.
“We continue to intersect thick high-grade mineralisation, with recent results continuing to confirm its vertical and lateral continuity.
“With the thickness of the high-grade mineralisation seemingly improving with depth, we are very excited to have completed construction of a new pad so we can drill down-dip of both the Main and South Shoots – which remain completely open at depth. And this deep drilling is now underway!”
Assay results have been returned for drill hole ANT58, which is one of the deeper holes the company has drilled to date in the Main Shoot. A combined total of 16.5m of high-grade mineralisation was intersected over a 25.6m interval, with assays including:
- 1.2m @ 2.2% Cu, 0.3% Zn, 3.5% Pb, 104.0 g/t Ag and 0.35 g/t Au from 542.6m (1.2m @ 3.4% Cu-equivalent);
- 9.8m @ 1.7% Cu, 4.7% Zn, 0.6% Pb, 27.5g/t Ag and 0.26g/t Au from 545.7m (9.8m @ 3.0% Cu-equivalent); and
- 5.6m @ 2.4% Cu, 5.1% Zn, 0.9% Pb, 45.8g/t Ag and 0.31g/t Au from 562.7m (5.6m @ 3.9% Cu-equivalent)
The results from ANT58 continue to confirm the vertical and lateral continuity of the very thick zone of high-grade mineralisation discovered in the deeper levels of the Main Shoot.
ANT55 was drilled in the shallower levels of the Main Shoot. Significant assay results included:
- 5.0m @ 3.3% Cu, 5.3% Zn, 0.5% Pb, 18.5g/t Ag and 0.15g/t Au from 337.0m (5.0m @ 4.5% Cu-equivalent); and
- 1.7m @ 3.0% Cu, 11.2% Zn, 0.8% Pb, 29.1g/t Ag and 0.13g/t Au from 386.6m (1.7m @ 5.7% Cu-equivalent)
These results continue to enhance the company’s understanding of the distribution of mineralisation at the Project, ahead of the estimation of a Maiden Resource that will be used in conceptual mining studies.
Assay results have been received for ANT57, which was drilled to further explore the recently discovered “South Shoot”. This hole deviated considerably from its targeted position (which was to be down-dip from ANT56), but still returned very high-grade results including:
- 6.7m @ 2.7% Cu, 8.8% Zn, 1.4% Pb, 49.0g/t Ag and 0.29g/t Au from 395.3m (6.7m @ 5.1% Cu-equivalent) and
- 0.4m @ 7.9% Cu, 10.2% Zn, 0.2% Pb, 32.0 g/t Ag and 0.14g/t Au from 409.8m (0.4m @ 9.6% Cu-equivalent)
These results continue to help the company to understand the distribution of mineralisation in the South Shoot. With the mineralisation in the South Shoot remaining completely open at depth, and appearing to improve with depth, these results will be valuable when planning deeper, follow-up holes.