Rumble Resources Ltd (ASX: RTR) has commenced a major drill programme at the Western Queen High-Grade Gold Project, located 110km NW of Mt Magnet within the Yalgoo mineral field of Western Australia.
This multi-rig drill programme will comprise of approximately 12,000m of diamond and reverse circulation (RC) drilling, testing a range of high-grade gold targets.
RC drilling will focus on multiple high-grade gold shoot targets, and the diamond drilling will focus on potential resource extension down-plunge of the Western Queen Central deposit.
Managing Director, Shane Sikora, said Rumble is testing a number of high profile targets.
1. Western Queen Central – High-Grade Gold Shoot
- Drilling has confirmed the down-plunge continuity and position of the high-grade gold shoot providing confidence of further gold mineralisation at depth which remains open:
- 6m @ 34.24 g/t Au from 354m;
- 6.3m @ 36.09 g/t Au from 305.7m; and
- 11.8m @ 16.08 g/t Au from 340.4m.
2. Western Queen Central North – Potential Shallow High-Grade Gold Shoot
- Shallow high-grade “blind” gold intersected 250m north of the historic Western Queen Central • (8m @ 7.22 g/t Au from 49m) is open to the north
Potential for repeats of the historic high-grade gold Western Queen Central Shoot to the north. (historic open pit production – 190,000oz @ 8.9 g/t Au)
3. Western Queen Central North – Potential Shallow High-Grade Gold Shoot
- Immediately north of the Western Queen Central shoot and open cut historic drilling includes:
- 7m @ 60.6 g/t Au from 70m;
- 6m @ 37.34 g/t Au from 50m; and
- 11m @ 16.8 g/t Au from 51m.
- Partially blind high-grade zones are truncated & transposed by reverse faulting and pegmatite jacking
- Zones are inferred to continue down-plunge as high-grade shoots below the faulting
- Potential repeat of the historic high-grade gold Western Queen Central Shoot
(historic open pit production – 190,000oz @ 8.9 g/t Au)
4. Western Princess – Potential Shallow High-Grade Gold Shoot
- 5m @ 3.64 g/t Au from 52m
- 3m @ 19.9 g/t Au from 8m o Drilling has shown the shear zone is wide with multiple structurally controlled shoots with high potential to define deeper plunging shoots
5. Western Queen Central Oxide
- Potential Shallow High-Grade Gold Shoot
- 2m @ 40.37 g/t Au from 4m
- 3m@ 10.42 g/t Au from 1m
- 5m @ 5.11 g/t Au (Inc 1m @ 16.9 g/t Au) from 365.5m
- Rumble interpretation indicates drilling clipped high-grade shoot at depth o Potential to define a high-grade shoot below the oxide mineralisation
- Cranes Potential Shallow High-Grade Gold Shoot
- 14m @ 4.87 g/t Au from surface
- Potential to define a high-grade shoot below laterite mineralisation
- 3km of highly prospective strike associated with the fertile Western Queen Shear Zone
Recent gained understanding of reverse faults potentially “hiding’ near surface high-grade gold mineralisation north of the Western Queen Central deposit, and the confirmation the shear zone extends south of the Western Queen South deposit, has highlighted the potential for additional high- grade gold mineralisation over 3km of strike. Previous exploration has been limited to shallow RAB drilling and surface geochemistry.