Thor Energy PLC (AIM, ASX: THR) has identified copper prospectivity with early assessment of Ambient Noise Tomography (ANT) Surveys by Fleet Space Technologies at the Alford East Copper-REE Project in South Australia.
- The acquisition phase of the low-impact, ANT surveys are now complete at the Alford East copper-gold-REE Project, using Exosphere By Fleet technology
- Preliminary ANT models clearly delineate low-velocity, weathered ‘troughs’ that host the oxide copper-gold- REE mineralisation within the Alford Copper Belt (Figure 1 and 2)
- Fleet is currently reviewing the ANT data, integrating the ANT results with Thor’s 3D geological model using Artificial Intelligence (“AI”) and Machine Learning (“ML”) and generating an improved geological model for drill targeting extensions to the troughs that host higher-grade oxide copper-gold mineralisation
Thor is very pleased with the progress made by Fleet Space Technologies, with the completion of the ANT surveys in a timely and efficient manner, and their preliminary models defining the low-velocity troughs,” Managing Director, Galloway Warland, said.
“As part of the collaboration, Fleet is modelling the data using Thor’s 3D geological model, resulting in a revised geological model to support drill targeting of higher-grade copper and REE mineralisation along strike of our mineral resource estimate and in new zones of the Alford Copper Belt.
“We look forward to keeping the market updated as the modelling and interpretation results continue to come in.”
1. Modelling of ANT results, incorporating Thor’s 3D model and using AI to extrapolate controlling structures along the Alford Copper Belt (November – December 2023)
2. Target generation from the final 3D Model (November – December 2023)
3. Drill preparations and drilling (Q1 2024)