Perth-based, Western Australian-focused gold explorer Torque Metals Limited (ASX:TOR) has received promising results from 1.0 metre splits from the recent drilling programmes at the company’s wholly-owned Paris Project, located to the South East of Kalgoorlie on the richly gold endowed Boulder-Lefroy Fault Zone.
One metre sample splits from Torque’s recent RC drilling programmes have identified high-grade gold zones within wider gold mineralised intercepts at the Observation, Paris, Strauss and Caruso tenements.
These high-grade hits at our Paris, Observation, Caruso and Strauss tenements are fantastic to see,” Executive Chairman Ian Finch said.
“The results are highly encouraging and, importantly, show all gold rich prospects lining up in a north, north-westerly orientation, further confirming the potential of a ‘Paris Gold Corridor’.
“I look to updating investors further as we continue to build on our understanding of the mineralisation in this highly exciting region.”
Higher-grade results from the tenements include:
- Paris: o 1m @ 34.2g/t Au and 1m @ 8.41g/t Au within 24m @ 10.7g/t Au from 141m (21PRC025)
- Observation: o 1m @ 9.29g/t Au within 3m @ 3.54g/t Au from 51m (21ORC025) o 1m @ 11.6g/t Au and 1m @ 42.4g/t Au within 6m @ 9.86g/t Au from 57m (21ORC031) o 1m @ 33.9g/t Au within 6m @ 8.45g/t Au from 51m (21ORC036) o 1m @ 13.1g/t Au within 3m @ 9.87g/t Au from 72m (21ORC037)
- Strauss o 1m @ 3.95g/t Au from 26m (21SRC032)
- Caruso: o 1m @ 5.97g/t Au within 9m @ 3.47g/t Au from 27m (21HRC018) o 1m @ 7.82g/t Au, 1m @ 10.3g/t Au and 1m @ 6.69g/t Au within 15m @ 3.12g/t Au from 15m (21HRC023).
At Paris, one metre sample splits have identified a high-grade intersection of 1m @ 34.2g/t Au within the larger zone of 24m @ 10.7 g/t Au in hole 21PRC025.
21PRC025 was drilled to North of the Paris pit in a Southern direction to test gold resource potential, adjacent to the existing pit. The high-grade intersection further indicates strong down-dip gold resource potential below and to the West of the existing Paris pit.
At Observation, one metre sample splits were carried out over follow-up RC drilling conducted at the prospect. The samples further confirmed the mineral potential of Observation, identifying high-grade intersections of 1m @ 42.4g/t Au within a larger zone of 6m @ 9.86g/t Au from 57m in hole 21ORC031 and 1m @ 33.9g/t Au within a larger zone of 6m @ 8.45g/t Au from 51m in hole 21ORC036.
At Caruso prospect, one metre sample splits returned high grade mineralised zones with 1m @ 10.3g/t Au within a larger zone of 15m @ 3.12g/t Au from 15m in hole 21HRC023.
Next GOLD Steps:
- Deeper, RC follow up drilling into the Paris high grade gold zones with a view to rapidly increasing the gold inventory at that prospect.
- Deeper RC drilling at the newly discovered extension to the gold resource at the HHH prospect – now called the Caruso prospect. The aim of the drilling will be to investigate the full areal extent of the near surface gold and also what the depth potential is.
- Deeper RC drilling at Observation to investigate the depth potential of this new gold discovery. The drilling will also aim to discover if other parallel or “offshoot” gold zones also exist in the immediate area.
- Air Core drilling at the new Southern gold anomalies: “Paris South”, “Carreras” and “Pavarotti” in order to discover primary gold zones beneath the positive surface geochemistry outlined by the earlier, broad spaced, auger drilling programme.
- Large auger geochemical programme to establish additional gold drill targets to the North and West of Observation. The aim is to maintain a pipeline of gold targets at varying levels of exploration.