Indiana Resources Limited (ASX: IDA) has identified further wide gold intersections up and down dip from previous drilling at the Minos Prospect within Indiana’s 100% owned 5,713 sq. km Central Gawler Craton Gold Project in South Australia.
Assay results from the RC programme completed in November 2021 at Minos have been received from the seven drillholes completed for a total of 1,258m.
This programme was designed to infill the existing drill hole coverage and provide further geological information for inclusion in the proposed resource estimate for Minos.
Executive Chair, Bronwyn Barnes, said the results confirm the company’s geological interpretation and reinforces that the Lake Labyrinth Shear Zone is a significant gold bearing system. It also confirms that Minos has potential for extension of the known mineralisation which remains open along strike in both directions and at depth.
Results from our November RC programme confirm that the Minos Prospect is developing into a continuous orebody that remains open both along strike and at depth,” Ms Barnes said.
“These wide gold results continue to indicate the real potential and scale of the Lake Labyrinth Shear Zone, with as much as 30km of strike length yet to be drill tested.
“Exploration and drilling will be continuing apace across our Central Gawler Gold Project during 2022, with further RC drilling planned to commence shortly.”
Four of the seven drill holes were step-outs to test the down-dip extensions of previously reported mineralisation; LLRC060, LLRC061, LLRC063 and LLRC064. LLRC061 had to be terminated prior to reaching depth due to water issues.
The continuity of the mineralisation at depth was highlighted by LLRC063.
Significant assay results include:
- LLRC063 – 9m @ 2.77g/t Au (186-195m) including 1m @ 17.20g/t Au.
Two of the holes, LLRC058 and LLRC059 targeted the south-eastern part of the mineralised zone where previous drilling reported 1m @ 2.29g/t Au and 9m @ 1.01g/t Au (LLRC030: 73-74m and 105- 114m)
Results of note from these two holes include:
- LLRC058 – 4m @ 0.74g/t Au and 3m @ 1.22g/t Au (38-42m and 60-63m respectively)
- LLRC059 – 1m @ 9.50g/t Au, 3m @ 2.08g/t Au and 4m @ 1.18g/t Au (131-132m, 151-154m and 164-168 respectively).
LLRC062 was completed to test the up-dip extension of mineralisation, Refer to Section B-B’ (Figure 3). Significant assay results include:
- LLRC062 – 11m @ 0.80g/t Au and 7m @ 3.18g/t Au (41-52m and 54-61 respectively).
An additional hole to further test the up-dip potential has been planned for the upcoming programme.
Previous significant results from Minos include:
- 38m @ 6.54 g/t Au from 29m in Hole LLRCD029 including 16m @ 13.12 g/t Au from 37m;
- 21m @ 8.43 g/t Au from 176m in Hole LLRC041 including 1m @ 159 g/t Au from 185m;
- 2m @ 18.4 g/t Au from 162m in Hole LLRC041 including 1m @ 35.6 g/t Au from 163m;
- 26m @ 4.28 g/t Au from 68m in Hole LLRC025 including 3m @ 20.21 g/t Au from 82m;
- 23m @ 6.44 g/t Au from 186m in Hole LLRC035 including 1m @118 g/t Au from 198m
- 10m @ 8.83 g/t Au from 39m in Hole LLRC042 including 3 m @ 26.03 g/t Au from 40m