Yandal Resources Ltd (ASX: YRL) has commenced an aircore and RC drilling campaign at its 100% owned Yandal Belt Projects in Western Australia.
The programme will initially test key targets within the Ironstone Well and Barwidgee projects including Cash, Sims Find, New England Granite, Newport, Flushing Meadows, Flinders Park, Quarter Moon and Oblique.
This will be followed by further aircore and RC drilling at Mt McClure testing test target areas adjacent to historic open cut mines and structural targets identified from aeromagnetic data.
We are very pleased to have this important drilling programme underway to test a suite of compelling targets within our Yandal Gold Belt tenements,” Managing Director, Tim Kennedy, said.
“The Ironstone Well and Barwidgee Projects host several exciting targets including the Cash Prospect which is immediately along strike from Northern Star’s Corboys Deposit, so we are very much looking forward to accelerating our exploration efforts in this region.
“We look forward to reporting on a busy pipeline of exploration activity and assay results over the coming months.”
Key Target Summary
- Barwidgee Project (100% YRL) ▪ Cash Prospect – lookalike target along strike from Corboys
- Sims Find – RC testing for NW extensions to high-grade mineralisation
- New England Granite – initial RC test of anomalous granite-greenstone contact zone Ironstone Well (100% YRL)
- Flushing Meadows – testing strike extension of 268Koz – Gold Resource
- Quarter Moon & Oblique – step outs to known high-grade mineralisation Mt McClure (100% YRL)
- HMS Sulphur – further delineation of new footwall zone
- Success – strike extensions
- Parmelia – testing potential footwall position
- Challenger – testing potential footwall position.